Nightmare to Merry Flight


I really enjoy music from different cultures. I found this incredible play list of ancient Chinese music one night and it lulled me to sleep.


My eyes opened suddenly. Wanting to turn the music off now that I was asleep, I tried to move. But I couldn’t. I was completely paralysed and could move solely my eyes.

Naturally panic stricken, I wanted to scream but this strange state wouldn’t allow that either. After a bit of struggle however, I was back to normal. 

Maybe it was the music, I explained to myself. Lovely harp sounds, authentic Chinese flute and a zen ambiance. It was beautifully eerie.

For a few years this incident remained a mystery, just something I’d narrate when my friends and I were sharing bizarre experiences. 

The second episode pushed me to look it up. For this time, not only had I woken up in the middle of the night, frozen in time, but I also saw something terrifying.

It was the shadow of a man, sitting on his knees beside me. He was agitated, beating his fists into the bed. I was chained in that moment, mentally screaming. Then, I could feel something breathing in my ear. My head felt like when the TV goes static.

I started getting it often now. It happened in layers, one live nightmare after another. Once I’m in that state, it’s difficult to break free from it and requires copious mental efforts. You keep fighting but it creeps right back in. It’s like being stuck in a loop of these horrifying episodes. It is also coupled with the feeling of a negative presence in my room. Just what you need for a rested sleep, huh?

So I discovered that it’s called sleep paralysis where your body is asleep yet your mind is awake. It was comforting to know that many are familiar with the phenomena. The hallucinations may be a result of your brain going into ‘danger’ mode. Fear is the usual reaction which is why it’s as though you’ve stepped right into a horror movie. It has many reasons and the one that applies to me is a messy sleep schedule. The most useful information I learnt was that wiggling your toes and fingers will bring you out of it.

Recently, I saw another colour of it. It came in vivid and realistic dreams this time. The only way I can describe it is that it was as if I was shifting into different dimensions that exist very closely to ours. It’s in accordance to a theory that says that there are infinite realities, each with slight differences. Just for the fun of it, I’d like to believe I had travelled to these alternate realities and merged with them temporarily.

Despite the fear factor, I’m quite intrigued by it. The unusual state of consciousness may be a bridge that could lead to exciting experiences. An out of body transition is one possibility. Lucid dreaming is when you become aware that you are dreaming, thus becoming the director. Just think, you could make yourself fly or travel across time! The crux is learning to manipulate it by having control over it. 

I attended the excursion workshop of The Monroe institute this summer. Much to my delight, this concept was discussed. It was eye opening because a very positive approach was taken. We were taught to be able to choose to come in and out of it, giving us a sense of safety. The whole idea was to benefit from it, spiritually and emotionally. It was looked at as a golden gateway of possibilities instead of the haunting label I’d attached to it. In fact, the workshop shared many such wildly fascinating concepts. The teachings were enriched by tales of these theories occurring in vivo. Here’s a link to their website https://www.monroeinstitute.org


I am endlessly captivated by topics like these. Mundane life is spiced up when you think of the unknown, isn’t it? The universe expands to sizes we can’t even begin to comprehend. Now just imagine all that is hidden from us. New laws of science, complex life forms and whole foreign systems. It’s funny to me that we categorize magic as fiction when its surely out there, it’s just that we’re are unable to see it. Yet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circle Of History

Enlightenment of Enigmas

A Healing Discovery