Simple Pleasures


One of the things that I love about life is its little quirks that bring us joy. Now they could be different for each of us given our uniqueness as individuals. Here’s my list:


1.Making tea on a cold morning- Random poem outbreak!
Sound of the bubbling water
Steam brushing against my face
Snapping a cinnamon stick as it gets hotter,
Adding an aromatic taste
I watch the tea leaves infuse their shades
And as I sip on the warm drink,
The coldness of the morning fades


2.Following your intuition and clicking on a random song only to fall instantly in love with it- A rare event, but that’s what makes it such a special addition to your playlist of favorites.


3.The moment you go to bed- You climb under a heavy blanket which balances the low temperature of the air conditioned room perfectly. Your head finds a soft landing on the pillow and your body can finally rest.

Personally, I even feel eager to have dreams. I mean, they are like brain movies to keep you entertained during sleep!


4.Petrichor- The sweet, earthy scent which spreads the message that it’s going to rain! What a happy news this nature’s perfume brings.


5.Having a good conversation- I thoroughly relish a healthy talk with someone. Especially ones that dive from playful stories to funny anecdotes, winding their way into deep subjects. It’s that click of connection with someone that I love.


These are just a tiny fraction of the things that I enjoy. They are like bread crumbs leading us to the path of happiness. Focusing on the things you love about life, no matter how small can make one feel so much better. Let’s all just slow down and truly savor these blessings.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circle Of History

Sweet Childhood

The Language of You